Deprecated: mysql_connect(): The mysql extension is deprecated and will be removed in the future: use mysqli or PDO instead in /home/soccerscene/www/test/ss_gen/matchdetails.php on line 15
Statistics: Ireland Under 16 [Powered by tplSoccerStats]
Soccer Scene

Change:  Move to:
01.10.2010 at 11:00 Oscar Traynor Road Attendance:
Ireland Under 16 3 - 1 Estonia
Referee: R Rodgers Friendly-match

Adam Wixted (53)
Kevin Caldwell (62)
Darragh Walsh (82)
Kaspar Paur 9 mins
Opening squads
Conor Forde
Sean Long
Ryan O Reilly
Dylan Hayes
Sean Coyne
Kyle Mc Fadden
Jason Lyons
Johnathan Leddy
Adam Wixted
Dylan Mc Glade
Gary O Neill
Darragh Murphy
Kevin Caldwell
Darragh Walsh
Darragh Murphy -> Johnathan Leddy (18)
Darragh Walsh -> Jason Lyons (53)
Kevin Caldwell -> Sean Coyne (60)
Yellow cards
None. None
Red cards
None. None
Other statistics
0 Shots 0
0 Shots on goal 0
0 Offsides 0
0 Corner kicks 0
0 Free kicks 0
0 Penalties 0
Match report
Republic of Ireland 3 Estonia 1
Adam Wixted 53 Kaspar Paur 9
Kevin Caldwell 62
Darragh Walshe 80 + 2

The Republic of Ireland Under-16s did the double over Estonia today (Friday) at the Oscar Traynor Development Centre in Dublin when they staged a second half revival to record victory.

Ireland were forced to come from behind to earn a 3-2 victory in Wednesdays first meeting between the nations and the same scenario unfolded in the rematch after the visitors stormed into another early lead.

Estonia got the breakthrough after only nine minutes when Kaspar Paur seized upon a defensive error to angle a shot home.

Adam Wixteds free-kick at the other end on the half hour just needed a touch off one of the many Irish players queuing up inside the area but the chance was wasted.

And the visitors might have gone into the interval further ahead only for Kevin Kauber to slice wide after dispossessing Kyle McFadden and raiding clear on goal.

Estonia were given what appeared a dubious penalty decision twelve minutes after the turnaround when Darren Murphys tackle on Slein inside the box was deemed a foul. However, Conor Forde in the Irish goal read the spot-kick brilliantly and saved Sleins well struck attempt.

That moment proved decisive in the game as Ireland swept forward and equalised within a minute - Wixted belting his volley beyond Marten Rimmel.

The Estonians were then reduced to ten players after Marten Saarlas collected his second yellow card of the afternoon and Ireland took full advantage by grabbing the lead for the first time in the game through substitute Kevin Caldwells crisp low drive from 25 yards on 62 minutes.

The impressive Dylan McGlade on the Irish flank nearly crowned a stellar display with a goal only for his effort to clip the crossbar but the home side eventually netted a third in stoppage time as another sub, Darragh Walshe, sprung the offside trap and finished at the second attempt after the ‘keeper advanced to smother his initial strike.

REPUBLIC OF IRELAND: Forde (Monaghan United); Long (Cherry Orchard), R. O Reilly (Ballyjamesduff), McFadden (Swilly Rovers), Coyne (Cherry Orchard); McGlade (Shelbourne), Leddy (Cavan Shamrocks), Hayes (St. Josephs Boys), Wixted (Stella Maris); O Neill (Kingdom Boys), Lyons (Barna United).

Subs: Murphy (Rockmount) for Leddy - inj (18 mins), Walsh (Shelbourne) for Lyons (53 mins), Caldwell (Lourdes Celtic) for Coyne (60 mins).

ESTONIA: Rimmel, Avilov, Bereitorov, Aardemae, Ojamaa, Slein, Vastsuk, Saarles, Paur, Valja, Kauber.

Subs: Randvali, Aloe, Kabel, Mikailov, Jogl, Listmann, Gassimov.

REFEREE: Mr. R. Rodgers.
Powered by tplSoccerStats © 2003 TPL Design

Site Design and Hosting by DriverWebDesign.